Ep 37: Christian nationalism and the US election
Posted: Thu, 29 Oct 2020
In this episode the NSS's Alastair Lichten catches up with Andrew Seidel, an attorney at the Freedom From Religion Foundation.
They discuss the role that secularist issues and Christian nationalism are playing in the ongoing US presidential election, the extent to which US parties and voters are sorting along religious lines or polarising on secularist issues, and the challenges these pose to non-partisan organisations like the FFRF.
- The Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Andrew Seidel – attorney, activist and atheist
- Ep 25: American religious exceptionalism and Covid-19
- President Trump: American theocrat
- The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism Is Un-American, by Andrew Seildel
- How do secularists think about decisions? (part 2) – The lemon test
We publish our podcast to enable exploration of subjects of interest to NSS members and supporters. Guests' views may not always align with those of the NSS.