1. Follow us on social media. Please take a few moments to follow the campaign on
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you can
share a message of support using the hashtag #NoMoreFaithSchools it helps us get the message out and helps others find the campaign. Please use
#NoMoreFaithSchools whenever sharing on of our stories, a link to the petition or our main
2. Keep us informed. It's always helpful to know how the issues were working on
affect real families. We follow new faith school proposals and developments extremely closely, but we can't catch everything. If you can report a new faith school proposal as early as possible, we can do more to help.
3. Share your story. Statistics and theoretical arguments may win some people over,
but sharing stories help many more empathise with those affected by faith schools and perhaps rethink their support.
4. Get creative. Please send us a video or photo of you supporting the campaign and
let us know why you're saying: "No More Faith Schools!"
5. Get talking. Why not have a chat your friends and family, do they support secular
inclusive schools, and they absorb some of the pro faith school myths? Sometimes having a genuine friendly conversation can have a big impact.
6. Get writing. If you haven't already please write to your MP, and if you have
please consider a follow-up letter. It's worth writing to your MP even if you live in a UK nation where education is devolved. MPs take up casework and policy
issues which go beyond their Westminster role. You can also write to your local representatives asking what they're doing support inclusive education, and while
you've got your metaphorical pen out why not send a letter to your local newspaper?
7. Get together. If you're a member of a club or society, why not hold an event
discussing faith schools and the need for secular inclusive education system? We can provide advice and resources, and potentially a speaker.
8. Support us financially. NMFS is coordinated by the National Secular Society,
which works for the separation of religion and state and equal respect for everyone's human rights. Running a leading campaign of this scale takes resources and
there's still so much more we can do. If you're able to, please consider supporting the NSS from just £1 a month, or joining
from £2 a month. One off donations are also gratefully received.