It's been five weeks since we launched the No More Faith Schools
campaign and support is continuing to grow. One request we've received is for information on how to challenge new faith schools. That's why we've introduced a
new section on the site, where you can report a new faith school and access our guide to challenging it.
Every week I try and read through all the new petition signatures and it's gratifying to see people of many different faiths, beliefs and backgrounds getting on
board. Many of you have also shared your stories of discrimination and prejudice faced as parents, teacher and pupils at faith schools. More than one teacher has
talked about the increasing pressure in C of E faith schools to promote a more rigorous religious ethos. We've shared an example in a testimonial below.
Many of you have told us about MPs' responding to your letters. There's been some positive signs, although many MPs are only willing to oppose the more glaring
abuses by faith schools, rather than confront their role in the education system.
Other responses have been less encouraging it's clear that MPs overestimate the popularity of faith schools and have bought into the myths the faith school lobby work hard to spread.
The biggest myth we need to bust is that faith schools are inevitable. If we take action together, change is possible!
To celebrate our five week anniversary, here are five easy ways you can support the campaign:
1. Write to your MP (or write to them again) find out what they are doing to support inclusive education.
2. Make sure you're following us on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
3. Send us a message saying why you support #NoMoreFaithSchools, you can even create your own poster with your message.
4. Share our video giving a quick overview of the case for inclusive education free from
5. Share our guide to challenging new faith schools.
Education and schools officer